Combating Obesity for Alachua County’s Health
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS
The purpose of this walking event is to call attention to obesity and its harmful effects on health. It is offered as an opportunity for citizens of Alachua County to participate in a group walking experience, as an example of the modification of behavior that can assist in weight control. A number will be assigned to each individual registered for the walk.
In order to participate in this activity, you must sign the liability release below.
1. Authority to Register and/or to Act as Agent. I agree that any and all representations made and releases, waivers, covenants, consents and permissions given by me hereinunder are given on behalf of me and any and all of my minor children or persons over whom I have guardianship participating in or attending these events. I understand that (i) my consent to these provisions is given in consideration for being permitted to participate in this Event; (ii) I may be removed from this Event if I do not follow all the rules of this Event; and (iii) I am a voluntary participant in this Event.
2. Waiver. I understand that this event is a potentially hazardous activity and I hereby voluntarily assume full and complete responsibility for, and the risk of any injury or accident that may occur during my participation in this event (including, but not limited to, my activities associated with the event) or while on the event premises. I understand that walking on a track is not only a potentially hazardous activity, but could cause injury. I understand that I may be in poor physical condition and that I am solely responsible for my health, safety and property. I will not enter and participate unless I am medically able and by my signature, I certify that I am medically able to perform this event. I agree to abide by any decision of the sponsor relative to any aspect of my participation in this event, including the right of any official to deny or suspend my participation for any reason whatsoever.
I assume all risks associated with walking in this event, including but not limited to: falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather and the conditions of the track, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. I understand that bicycles, skateboards, baby joggers, roller skates or roller blades, and animals, are not allowed on the track. I will abide by these rules. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts, and in consideration of your accepting my entry, I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release the Weekly Wellness Walk, all event sponsors, their representatives and successors from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver.
3. Release of all Claims. I, for myself, my next of kin, my heirs, administrators, and executor collectively, hereby release and hold harmless and covenant not to file suit against (i) The Alachua County Medical Society Foundation, The Alachua County Medical Society The Alachua County Medical Alliance, Santa Fe College their officers, employees, volunteers and affiliates, their sponsors and corporate sponsors, their successors, licensees, and assigns and their respective directors, officers, volunteers, agents and employees; (ii) any event sponsors; and (iii) all other persons or entities associated with this event, for any injury or damages I might suffer in connection with my participation. This release applies to any and all loss, liability, or claims I, or my releasors, may have arising out of my participation, including, but not limited to injury or damage suffered by me or others, whether such losses, liabilities, or claims be caused by falls, contact with and/or the actions of other participants, contact with fixed or non-fixed objects, contact with animals, conditions of the event premises, negligence of the releasees, risks not known to me or not reasonably foreseeable at this time, or otherwise.
4. Permission to photograph. I give my consent and permission to the sponsors and corporate sponsors, their successors, licensees, and assigns the irrevocable right to use, for any purpose whatsoever and without compensation, any photographs, videotapes, audiotapes, or any other record of this event or of me that are made during the course of these events.
5. Severability. This Waiver and Release of Claims (collectively, the “Release”) shall be construed under the laws of the state of Florida. In the event any provision of this Release is deemed unenforceable by law, (i) The Alachua County Medical Society or its assignees shall have the right to modify such provision to the extent necessary to be deemed enforceable; and (ii) all other provisions of this Release shall remain in full force and effect.
By indicating your acceptance of this release agreement and waiver, you are affirming that you have read and fully understand its terms. You understand that you are giving up substantial rights, including the right to sue. You acknowledge that you are signing the agreement and waiver freely and voluntarily, without any inducement, assurance or guarantee being made to you, and you intend, by your signature, to accept the complete and unconditional release of liability for the parties above to the greatest extent allowed by law.
SIGNATURE PRINTED NAME
DATE EMAIL ADDRESS
ASSIGNED EVENT ID #___________________________________